Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
21st Century Learning
Dept. Alternative Classes for Educational Success (ACE)
Dept. Career & Technical Education (CTE)
Dept. Driver's Education
Dept. English Language Arts
Dept. Performing Arts
Dept. Physical Education & Health
Dept. Social Sciences
Dept. Special Education
Dept. Visual Arts
Dept. World Languages
Gettin' Techy with It
Safe & Supportive Schools
School Improvement Plan
TRIBE TIME Information
MHS Professional Development SMART Goal: Technology
For the school year 2012-2013, Manhattan High faculty and staff will grow both professionally and personally by learning and applying technology for student instruction, communication, and management. Faculty and staff will integrate technology across the curriculum,
an average of 50% of the school week
, to assist students in becoming lifelong technology users.
- aims to make sharing on the web more like sharing in real life. Check out Circles, Messenger, and Hangouts.
- personalized home page, at-a-glance access to key information from Google and across the web. Gadgets, news, weather, personal calendar, and many other tools.
- email updates of the latest relevant Google results (web, news, etc.) based on your choice of query or topic.
monitor a developing news story
keep current on a competitor or industry
get the latest on a celebrity or event
keep tabs on your favorite sports teams
- makes it easy to instantly publish weblogs or "blogs." Newest post appears at the top of the page, followed by recent posts in chronological order. Create multi-media rich posts - text, links, pictures, and videos.
Google Scrib Sheets
- PDF materials with instructions and resources for using each Google application and tool. Created by the Google Teachers Academy.
- easy to use online word processor editor that enables you to create, share, and collaborate. Create, collaborate, share and publish.
- downloadable application that works as a browser for all sorts of information on Earth. Uses satellite images to grab, spin, pan, tilt, and zoom down to any place on Earth. Explore every corner, measure distances, create virtual tours and share the tours.
- Online service that helps groups of people easily share information and communicate effectively. Groups are public or pirvate, share files, post ideas, create email lists and conduct discussions.
- service that makes it easy for anyone to write and share knowledge with the world. Each Knol is a unit of knowledge, an authoritative article about a specific topic. Easy to collaborate with author maintaining control.
(changes are coming May 1, 2012)
- user-friendly mapping tool. Driving directions, local business information, terrain maps, satellite images, 360 degree photographic street view, create custom maps, can be shared and copied, and embedded.
- brings together news from thousands of different sources from around the world. Quickly browse top stories and search. Personalize your page.
- helps you instantly organize, edit and share pictures. Automatically locates all your pictures and sorts them into visual albums. Make powerful photo editing simple. Allows photos from iPhoto to be uploaded to the web quickly and easily.
- keep current with best practices and the latest in any content area. Choose to receive updates from particular blogs, news sites or web pages. Bring new content to your reader site, all in one place.
- provides a search of scholarly literature across many disciplines and sources, including theses, books, abstracts and articles.
- in addition to providing easy access to billions of web pages, Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for. Search for time in London, Chicago Bears scores, definitions, recent earthquakes, unit conversion and more!
- create custom webpages, add content, attachments, and embed media. Easy to use editor lets you build a site in minutes using templates, also control over access.
- become designers who can create 3D models of anything. Dozens of video tutorials and help center, worldwide community for anyone wanting to make 3D models and drawings.
- easy to make online spreadsheet editor that enables you to create, share, and collaborate. Create graphs, share and publish.
- a new tool for communication and collaboration on the web.
(will be shut down in April 2012)
- free online language translation service instantly translates text and web pages.
100+ Google Tricks That Will Save You time in School
This is an amazing resource! All things Google!!!
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"